Once again, it has been a while since the last time that I found the motivation and time to write a post. Might be that with the beginning of the new year, usually, comes back the idea to write more posts, let’s see if this year I manage to write more.
2018 is almost over and I am taking a break with the family in the fresh and cold Moscow, hence I had some time to look back on 2018.
- Accepted the challenge at Zopa. Helping to build the “new online banking” - focus on the Credit Card product.
- At times, failed as a Lead to the team.
- Built up a team embracing Extreme Programming practices, making a team up to ten developers who enjoy working pairing.
- Pushed my self to give a talk at a conference, but I need to improve my delivery at talks.
- Contributed to open source projects as JGiven and Ratpack. Also, I kept up-to-date LogCapture.
- Did not find the time to read books.
- I have seen how the youngest kid made his first year.
- Moved with the family from London to Barcelona, after 6 amazing years in the UK.
- I have seen how my oldest child started school in Barcelona and how quickly he adapted to Spanish and Catalan.
- I did not spend enough time with my family.
- Once I moved to Barcelona, did not make time to meet some friends.
Looking back, I think it has been a very intense year - personally and professionally. Therefore, I asked myself, what do I expect in 2019?
- Spend more quality time with the family.
- Make time to meet the friends.
- Plan more weekends with the family.
- Visit @felipefzdz in Canary Island.
- Have more time to practice Tennis.
- Deliver one fresh talk in 2019.
- Write a post every 2 months in the blog.
- Improve leadership skills, especially around empathy.
- Deliver to customers the amazing Zopa Credit Card.
- Keep contributing to open source projects.
- Read a few technical books again.
I am a bit skeptical about a year retrospective, but this year I have decided to give it a try. Let me know in the comments if you decide to do it.